Have anyone just sat up and thought about Pearls of Wisdom and where we are going in 2006? I have been in an online Ministries for almost 5 years and have learned a lot.
When I first started with AIMSK~ Am I My Sisters Keeper Ministries, I thought ok we are on line women who chat everyday, and talk on the phone once, or twice every 2 months, but can we really love each other? I mean we say we love each other on the phone when we hang up, and we say it in email, but are we just being kind to each other? Are we just saying what God wants us to say? Are we just “following the Leader” and being polite?
Everyday with AIMSK we would chat on line about God, we would have bible study and lots and lots of homework. When someone needed prayer we would stop what we were doing and pray for our sister. We even had a death on the list. It was a hard time for us, but we prayed and we stuck together and we made it through that time. We were chatting on line and on the phone more than we saw our own sisters and family members. We built a relationship even without seeing each other. We made ourselves available no matter what the situation. We were there for each other.
August 2001 ~ AIMSK 2nd Conference held in Chicago, Illinois we all met.
Meeting my sisters for the very first time was a feeling that I will never forget. The feeling of hugging my sister, crying and laughing at the same time was awesome. That is where I got my answer. That’s when I knew that all that time I spent building a relationship with people I had never seen, is when I knew that I loved them. I knew then that I wasn’t following the Leader, I knew that you can love a person and never ever meet them. That is a testimony I can share.
This reminds me of my relationship with God. Right now, today I am building a relationship with God. I Love him. Never in my life had I seen God, but I love him. Communication is everything. He talks to me, I hear him when he calls my name, I hear him when he wants me to listen, I can feel his presence.
Have you ever thought about that day when you finally meet him? Can you say you have a true relationship with God, today right now? Do you realize that its not too late? Right now is when the clock starts if you haven’t already.
Let me show you an example of how relationships start here on earth with each other, and how it ties in with a personal relationship with God.
God and Pearls of Wisdom
- There was a time when we have heard of God’s name, but necessary decided to build a relationship with him.
- There also was a time when we have heard of each other on the message board (Tearsa from Anita Baker’s) but the rest of us from Tyler Perry’s board, but not necessary decided to build a relationship with each other.
- Then there came a time when we decided to talk to God for the very first time privately.
- Then there came a time when we decided to email each other for the very first time privately.
- There came a time when we wanted to know more about God. Where does he live. How did he get here, does he cry, how did he make all of us, His likes and dislikes? The list goes on.
- Then came a time when we all wanted to know about each other, how many children we had, married static’s, where did we live, our ages, our love and passion. The list goes on.
- Then there came a time when we wanted to communicate with God daily. When we wanted to hear from him daily, we knew that he was there whenever we needed. The more we knew about him, the more we needed that connection.
- Then there came a time when we wanted to communicate with each other daily. When we needed to hear from each other rather its through email, or phone. The more we knew about each other the more we wanted to meet and needed that connection. We knew that whenever we needed each other we would be there.
- Now ~ Our communication and our relationship is so strong with God, that we want to meet him face to face. We want to hug him, and kiss him, and love him, and touch him, and laugh, talk and spend time with each other.
- Now~ Our Communication with each other is so strong with each other we want to meet face to face, hug and kiss, laugh, cry and spend time with each other. We have even set a date for this union.
Our appointed day with God is not known, but if its God’s will, we will meet and spend time with each other July 17-24, 2006 in Atlanta, GA. Those are the days that we set aside to continue and to build our relationship with each other.
God wants us to communicate with him, just as we do the people we see everyday. He wants to talk to us and be apart of our lives. Even though we are on line that doesn’t mean that we cant have a loving relationship with each other. God put us all together for a reason, rather we get it right now or not. We have him right now in the midst, lets see what he wants with all of us. Lets see. Lets give him that chance. We owe him everything already, lets find out in prayer why did he put the 7 of us together. No matter who leaves and comes back, no matter who responds, no matter who is there peeking in, we are all STILL HERE!
Even though we have never never in our lives met each other, lets continue to build each other up. pray for each other, learn from each other, have disagreements with each other, make back friends with each other, but lets not forget our purpose. Its soooooooo not about us, its about God. Remember that. Lets exercise our patience with him. Lets remember its not our time we are on, its his time. Lets remember to love each other through phone and email.
Just as we await and prepare for July 17-24- lets do the same and prepare ourselves for the day when we meet God face to face.
So I ask you this as I close, what is your communication like what those you can see and those you have not met?
The bible says (my favorite scripture).
1 John 4:20 (Contemporary English Version)
20But if we say we love God and don’t love each other, we are liars. We cannot see God. So how can we love God, if we don’t love the people we can see?
1 John 4:20 (English Standard Version)
20If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot[a] love God whom he has not seen
1 John 4:20 (King James Version)
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
Lacrease J. Walker